White Ellerton Products Ltd., originally White Ellerton Ltd, was established in 1947 by Philip Brian White and Lt. Col. Peter Ellerton. In the beginning, the company specialised in thermoforming of acrylic 'Perspex' sheet for racing cars and motorcycle windscreens, for which it became renowned.
Originally based in Finchley, North London, the company later moved to Barnet and, in 1978, White Ellerton Products Ltd was purchased by the current owner, George Handley, whose fascination with plastics led him to take over the business and move into the specialised field of acrylic fabrication and display. Since then the company have moved into larger premises in Borehamwood, and today offer a wide range of products and services which includes Point of Sale, Display, Vacuum Forming, Screen Printing and Engineering in all forms of rigid plastics. Thermoforming continues to be the Company's specialist area and White Ellerton is still an important supplier of acrylic screens and headlight covers to both large well known organisations and smaller independent companies and individuals, who are all involved in the classic and racing car world.
Our products are supplied to a wide and diverse customer base, manufactured to meet clients' requirements, often from only a vague conception to a finished article. All orders, from small runs to full turnkey projects are treated with the same friendliness and quality of service respected by all our clients. We believe that a quick responsse to customers' requests is a key feature of the firm's success.
Today, much of our business is still gained through 'word of mouth', but feel that we should enter the 21st century, so that with the Internet, and the help of all our clients, we can grow and look forward to the future.